Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Endless Summer

Do you remember when you where a kid and the summers seemed to last forever? Every day felt like a month and the sun slowly crept down the horizon. I remember the last day of school before summer when I was little. It was the most painful thing to wait for. All day it was lets hand back this, here is your project that's been on the wall for three months. Yet, the only thing I cared about was the sweet sweet feeling of immortality for three months. I know why it was so hard for me to get past that last day as a kid. It was because I had the greatest summers. My grandparents owned a Marina on Keuka Lake where I would spend all of my time. All day it was fishing, swimming, running around, tubing and jet ski rides. These weren't even the best parts about it though, because every summer I would get to spend a whole week with Mihran Erkiletian. Him and I met when we were barely in kindergarten, in a sandbox under an apricot tree. A simple stroke of luck that I was walking by with my grandma and she told to to play with him. Its been great memories ever since. I remember the best part about him coming down was the free reign we had between the Marina and his lake house. We could run from one yard to the next never being told to slow down or to watch out. We would fish anywhere we wanted and laugh til we cried. Everyone knew us, and whenever Mihran was down we were inseparable. We would run around with the sun on our backs feeling invincible to the world. Everything is and was better with good company, and I can honestly say those were and will be the endless summers i remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment